Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Copy, Paste, Save A Life


I don't know if anyone has told you lately, but you are amazing. When I see your face, I see strength, integrity, ambition, intelligence, kindness, and a person who is constantly changing the world for the better. Sometimes you change the world in little ways. There have been times when I have seen you encourage somebody who was hurting. I've seen you help a friend in need. I've seen you talk about your dreams and goals for the future. I have seen you do so much good and you don't even know it. I wish you could see what kind of person you really are. I wish you could see yourself on down the road like I invision you to be in the future. When I see you, its like looking into the face of Martin Luther King Jr, Mother Teresa, Thomas Edison, Susan B. Anthony, The Wright brothers, Benjamin Franklin, and Walt Disney all at the same time. I see someone with a dream, a heart of compassion, determination, independence, intelligence, ingenuity, and the know-how to change this world in amazing ways. Stop arguing with me! It is true. I hate how critical of yourself you can be. I love you just the way you are. You are amazing dang it!

So what if you are different! So what if people disagree! I've never been one to follow the crowd. I've never been one to be bound to cliques. I've never been one to fall into a stereotype. The only thing that remains true is that I have been one. I'm one person. One individual living the one life I have been given. I've only got one shot at this life. One chance to do this right. When I get upset like you are right now, it is important to remember that this is one moment. This situation will come to pass one day and you will continue to be one individual with a unique purpose and outlook on the one life you've been given. Who cares what one hater says. One day, they will be nothing more than a memory of one time in your life. When you get upset, don't count to ten....just count to one.

I know you are upset right now. What happened was not right. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel right now. I'm sure you feel like punching something or crying right now. I'm here for you. I wish there was a way I could make this right. I wish there was a way to change this. I wish I could hug you right now. I wish I could cry with you right now. My heart is breaking right now. What can we do to set this right?


You sound so ridiculous right now. Seriously, I wish you could hear yourself. Why in the world would you want to throw it all away!?! I love you way to freaking much to let that happen. There isn't another person on this planet who is as cool, funny, caring, kind-hearted, interesting, or as fun as you are. I'm serious. I'm not just saying that. I don't know of anybody else who makes me laugh, smile, and cry as much as you do. You are one of my best friends and I would be lost without you. Please don't make me think of life without you. It makes me sick.


Forget those haters. They don't know you like I do. Those jerks are probably going to end up as nothing more than factory workers. It's so easy, a caveman could do it! ;) Seriously though, you have so much going for you. You are smart, funny, and everybody who matters and has a brain in there head, loves you! You are amazing both inside and out. Forget the haters, they all rott in hell anyway! haha! okay, maybe I went too far there, but they just get me so mad. They are so stupid. You are awesome and you shouldn't let them get you down! Just keep on being you and forget the haters. They suck anway.


It's over with. It's done. It's in the past. Stop beating yourself up over it. You aren't a bad person. Mistakes happen. This isn't the end for you. It's gonna get better. This is just one moment in your life. This is just one mistake. You have your entire life ahead of you. You are one of the coolest people I know. You are caring, kind, sweet, smart, funny, and an all around great person. Don't let this one thing bring you down. Use this experience to make you a better person. Don't look at the past. Look to the future. It gets better.

I know times are tough, but you gotta keep your head up. You are going to make it through this. And when you do, you are going to be even stronger. When this happens to someone else, you are going to be able to help them through this. You've been there. You've done that. You will understand. I know you. You are the kind of person who doesn't let these things get you down, put your life on hold, or stop you. You are a fighter. You are one of the strongest people I know. I love you and everything is going to be okay. Just stay positive. Tell yourself, "I'm positive I will make it through this. I'm positive I am strong enough. I'm positive I will get stronger from this. And I am positive I will be able to help other people through this in the future." You can do this. I have faith in you!




Okay, now that I have probably scared you to death, I want to tell you what the idea is behind this blog. Over the years, I have had to talk with a lot of friends who were telling me that they were suicidal. Sometime people told me in text messages. Sometimes people told me through email. Sometimes people told me on Facebook chat. I know people say talkers won't be jumpers and jumpers won't talk, but I know from first hand experience, that isn't always the case. Whether somebody really is debating suicide or they are just trying to get attention, the temporary answer to both problems is encouragement and love. I made this blog for my friends who have came to me asking for advice when their friends have came to them saying that they are suicidal. Sometimes we don't always know what to say. Each of these paragraphs are written from a different perspective. I pray that if you can't find the words to say to encourage your friend, as least copy and paste one of these responses into the email, chat, text, etc. Sure, it may not be your own words, but if it is something you agree with and think would be encouraging for that person, Copy, Paste, Save A Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment